[DRBD-user] DRBD9 not syncing permanently??

Rudolf Kasper rkasper at sonog.de
Thu Jan 21 11:59:12 CET 2016

Hi,

i got a question. We've got a setup with three nics. One of them is
cross-over and only for drbd use. So i expect that we can replicate
120M/s over this nic constantly. But when i transfer some files to the
drbd device i see sometimes traffic on the device and sometimes not.  I
got a adaptec 6405 and write-caching is disabled so this couldn't be the
clue. OS is debian 8. When i'm looking into iotop i can see total disk
write, but only sometimes there is a peak of actual disk write, after
this peak the nic generates traffic.

Is there a disk-cache running? How can i check this and disable it?

kind regards

MasterTH