[DRBD-user] Kernel panic with DRBD 9.0 on Kernel 4.2.8 "LOGIC BUG for enr=x"

Claudio Nicora claudio.nicora at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 14:52:44 CET 2016

I have built 8.4 drbd module for kernel 4.2.8-1-pve, together with the latest drbd-utils (with support for 84 version), then downgraded resources to 8.4.

I've run the same IO-intensive tests as before (on 9.0) for more than 24 hours: no issues.
9.0 crashed after no more than 3/4 minutes.

My two-nodes Proxmox is actually running from 2 days without any issue.

Should be great, for whom like me with a simple two-nodes setup, to have a kernel with drbd 8.4 instead of 9.0; is it possible?
Otherwise I'll create a script to automate buiilding process each time I'll update the kernel in the future.

PS: since there's near-to-no ducumentation available on DRBD downgrading, I'll will write a post with detailed instruction (I took detailed notes while building and reconfiguring my nodes).