[DRBD-user] Having Trouble with LVM on DRBD

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 23:52:38 CET 2016

On 27/02/2016 9:44 am, "Eric Robinson" <eric.robinson at psmnv.com> wrote:

> In the example you provided…

> filter = [ "a|/dev/vd.*|", "a|/dev/drbd*|", "r|.*|" ]
> write_cache_state = 0
> volume_list = [ "rootvg", "vg1", "vg2" ]
>
> …it looks like you are accepting anything  that begins with '/dev/vd.' or
'/dev/drbd' and rejecting everything else.

That's correct.

Sorry for my dumb question, but if the goal is to filter out certain
devices so LVM won't grab them before drbd does, wouldn't you want to
reject them instead of accepting them?

Your root vg is on sda so you have to let lvm read it. Your cluster vg's
are on drbd devices so you tell lvm to read those too and NOT the
underlying block devices sd[bcdef...]

> Here is what I have written on my system...

>     filter = [ "a|/dev/sda*|", "a|/dev/drbd*|", "r|.*|" ]
>     write_cache_state = 0
>     volume_list = [ "vg00", "vg_drbd0", "vg_drbd1" ]

Looks good.