[DRBD-user] Having Trouble with LVM on DRBD

Trevor Hemsley themsley at voiceflex.com
Fri Feb 26 00:04:54 CET 2016

On 25/02/16 22:51, Eric Robinson wrote:

> Ø  Im confused I don't see the VG(s) and LV(s) under cluster control
> have you done that  bit?
>
> (blank stare)
>
> This is where I admit that I have no idea what you mean. I’ve been
> building clusters with drbd for a decade, and I’ve always had drbd on
> top of LVM and all has been well. This is the first time I have LVM on
> top of drbd. What am I missing?

The usual problem with LVM on top of DRBD is that the backing device
gets seen as an LVM PV and is grabbed by LVM before DRBD starts up. That
means DRBD cannot access it since it's already in use. Solution: adjust
the filter lines in lvm.conf to exclude the backing devices from LVM
consideration.

Trevor