[DRBD-user] DRBD9 and multiple sync sources

Fri Feb 12 03:02:40 CET 2016

On 12/02/16 12:34, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone advise the steps needed to "prepare" my LV which is
> currently on-disk format v08 so that I can upgrade it to v09 with
> additional sync nodes?
>
> ie,
> lvextend -L+xx /dev/vg0/drbdspace
> How to calculate xx ?

Wow, after lots of searching, I ask the question, and two minutes later,
I found half the answer (sorry for that)
So, I now see:
http://drbd.linbit.com/users-guide-9.0/ch-internals.html#s-metadata
Which shows a formula for calculating the metadata as:
C / 2^18 X 8 X N + 72
Where C is the device size in sectors and N is the number of peers.

However, I would guess some of that space is already reserved, for the
two peers I already have? Also, the rest of the questions still apply,
on how will DRBD find the old signature at a different offset to normal,
etc...

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au