[DRBD-user] Help: Replace Failed disk

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Mon Feb 8 12:34:39 CET 2016

I am in doubt whether your step 1 is correct.
DRBD is a block replication system. This typically works way below the
file system. Unless you have a very special setup, you will not need or
want to format your disk with ext4.
You just replace the bad disk with the good one and after creating
metadata as your indicated you connect to the primary which will
initiate a resynchronisation of the content.

NB. For complex systems like a DRBD-setup it is always good to have a
test setup where you can simulate the behavior before accidentally
destroying data.

Regards,

Jakob Curdes