[DRBD-user] How do I get out of "delete a volume while it is mounted" state ?

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Dec 30 11:47:05 CET 2016

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:13:54AM -0600, T.J. Yang wrote:
> I find out the answer ;)
> On alpha node, run "drbdmanage delete-volume web 0" again, after
> /mnt/drbd/drbd100 got umounted.

Yes, that is a possibility. "resume-all" would also have helped. In
general drbdmanage tries to make a resource available (creating LVs,
writing drbd meta data, res file, deploying it to nodes in the
cluster,...) but then it is the responsibility of the next higher level
to use it. Eg., it does not mkfs, mount/umount a resource. That's admin
or cluster manager territory.

Regards, rck