[DRBD-user] secondary DRBD node shows UpToDate but is not

Bart Coninckx info at bitsandtricks.com
Wed Dec 21 14:55:41 CET 2016

Hi all,

since a couple of years we have a 2 node DRBD cluster on CentOS 6.5 and DRBD (version: 8.4.5 (api:1/proto:86-101)) installed from source. We noticed that all DRBD resources show "UpToDate" on the secondary node, but if we restart the service, one or more resources start syncing again, indicating there seem to be differences in between the resources. This is of course not desirable.

Is this a known issue with this version? If needed we will upgrade the cluster, but since a complete virtualization setup is running on top of it, this is not evident, hence the reason why I inquire first about possible known issues.

Cheers,

Met Vriendelijke Groet,
Kind Regards,
Salutations,