[DRBD-user] DRBD and LVM thin pools/volumes

Vlad vovan at vovan.nl
Fri Apr 22 13:01:00 CEST 2016

Lars,

Thanks for the answer. Could you provide more technical details about
this configuration? I don't really understand how it works then. If you
use DRBD to replicate only one "visible" LV, how metadata gets updated
on the other DRBD node:
For example if I create LV thin pool "pool01", the "pool01_tmeta" and
"lvol0_pmsparse" created as well:n

  [lvol0_pmspare] srv1 ewi-------
12.00m
/dev/sda4(8960)     /dev/sda4:8960-8962
  pool01          srv1 twi-a-tz--  10.00g             0.00
0.62                             pool01_tdata(0)     pool01_tdata:0-2559
  [pool01_tdata]  srv1 Twi-ao----
10.00g
/dev/sda4(0)        /dev/sda4:0-2559
  [pool01_tmeta]  srv1 ewi-ao----
12.00m
/dev/sda4(25088)    /dev/sda4:25088-25090

Is creation of DRBD on top of pool01 sufficient, so if, after
establishing DRBD replicaion, I create new thin LV within "pool01" the
newly created LV will bi visible on the other node as well?

Regards,
Vlad.