[DRBD-user] DRBD9 Satellite nodes

Thu Apr 21 15:54:05 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've setup a few DRBD9 machines as a storage cluster with 4 nodes, plus
one "satellite" node.

drbdmanage list-nodes
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name                        | Pool Size | Pool Free
|                         |                      State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| castle                      |   5403308 |   4067868
|                         |                         ok |
| san2.websitemanagers.com.au |   3777040 |   2441600
|                         |                         ok |
| san3                        |   1830932 |   1830924
|                         |                         ok |
| san5                        |   2764172 |   2764164
|                         |                         ok |
| xen6                        |         0 |         0
|                         | satellite node, no storage |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
castle:~# drbdmanage list-volumes
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name    | Vol ID |   Size | Minor
|                                                                | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| filesrv |      0 | 667572 |   100 | |    ok |
| oldNFS  |      0 | 667572 |   101 | |    ok |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I was wondering how I can access the content on the various DRBD volumes
from the rest of the cluster?

I've looked at the docs at:
http://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-90/s-dm-add-node#_adding_a_satellite_node
This describes the types of nodes available, and how to add them, which
I've done as above, but I'm not sure how to proceed from here or what to
do next.

Any pointers to additional docs would be greatly appreciated, hope I
haven't missed it.

Regards,
Adam