[DRBD-user] Standalone configuration

akan tortz manas.marat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:15:41 CEST 2016

Hi ALL,

I’m new to DRBD.
The goal is to have an asynchronous replication once or twice a day between
the nodes.

Is this possible with DRBD without DRBD proxy solution?

>From what I’ve tested I see that the secondary node can be in a
disconnected state (drbdadm disconnect <resource>) but I don’t know how
long.
Another concern is how much changes (writes) can accommodate the primary
node while the secondary is offline? Protocol A states that the local
writes are completed once the local disk write is finished and the
replication packet is placed in the local TCP send buffer. So that means if
TCP send buffer is full then DRBD will block all write operations?

Thanks.