[DRBD-user] Stability issue Proxmox4/DRBD9

Claudio Nicora claudio.nicora at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:13:53 CEST 2016

Welcome aboard, and thanks for bringing back an issue that nobody took
care of since now.
It means I was not the alone...

I've had the same issue a few months ago, I've reported it here (and on
Proxmox forums) but the issue is still there.

Linbit: nobody took care of it (however it's a kernel crash, should be
critical enough...)
Proxmox: a kernel with an updated DRBD module (still DRBD 9.0) was
released but the issue persisted. Still wondering how a "non-production
ready" feature could end up in a "production ready" bundle like Proxmox
4 without a choice to get DRBD 8.4 back.

I've sorted it out by downgrading DRBD module to 8.4 and building the
kernel module + DRBD tools on my own.
This is the post on Proxmox forum with a backlink to my blog post where
I detailed the actions to downgrade the module.
I've also set up a script to run after each Proxmox kernel upgrade, just
in case.

PS: still waiting for a feedback from Linbit/Proxmox guys ;)