[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.3.12 - Cluster Interface discarded [Lantone CRM #938849]

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Oct 9 01:11:04 CEST 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 10:16:56AM -0400, Digimer wrote:
> On 08/10/15 06:43 AM, Eddy Tan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Installed drbd 8.3.12 with twinstar for HA, whenever i boot up Primary
> > server, the cluster interface eth IP will be discarded. I boot up my
> > secondary server and it looks normal as cs: WFConnection ro:
> > Secondary/Unknown.
>
> That is a very very old version. Can you see if the problem remains on
> 8.3.16? Or ideally, go to 8.4.6.
>
> > i have to restart network service to bring up the eth1 IP address and
> > run twinstar_config -i to makes the drbd works as cs: Connected ro:
> > Primary/Secondary.

Since DRBD does not touch the network configuration, ever,
but is only a *user* of TCP, any issue with "vanishing" IP addresses
is nothing DRBD can fix.
And while upgrading your DRBD is certainly a good idea,
it won't fix your "cluster IP getting discarded" issue.

The problem is with your HA setup.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: http://www.LINBIT.com | Your Way to High Availability