[DRBD-user] DRBD and XFS filesystem on lvm corruption

Ajay Yadav ajayyadavmca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 13:53:16 CET 2015

Hi,
i have DRBD device working on lvm which is of type xfs. when i run
xfs_check on this volume it always fails with error

#xfs_check /dev/vg1/lv_data
ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to
be replayed.  Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before
re-running xfs_check.  If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use
the xfs_repair -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair.
Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount
of the filesystem before doing this.

then if i repair, it i needed to xfs_repair with -L option which is not
suggested.

i can do repair but the real issue is on every boot xfs_check fails and it
asks for repair with -L L.
please let me know if you want me to check anything.
My DRBD version is: 8.4.4

i have other non drbd xfs volumes which work just fine with xfs_check.

Thanks,
Fazor