[DRBD-user] c-min-rate priority

Ben RUBSON ben.rubson at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:50:37 CEST 2015

The link between nodes is a 10Gb/s link.
The DRBD resource is a RAID-10 array which is able to resync at up to 800M (as you can see I have lowered it to 680M in my configuration file).

The "issue" here seems to be a prioritization "issue" between application IOs and resync IOs.
Perhaps I miss-configured something ?
Goal is to have resync rate up to 680M, with a minimum of 400M, even if there are application IOs.
This in order to be sure to complete the resync even if there are a lot of write IOs from the application.

With my simple test below, this is not the case, dd still writes at its best throughput, lowering resync rate which can’t reach 400M at all.

Thank you !