[DRBD-user] Sync two different versions of DRBD

yves user at kochira.com
Mon Mar 16 09:06:38 CET 2015

Hello,

thank you for the replies. To summarize the question even more:

- Two servers are DRDB 8.0.16 and sync data, on CentOS 5.

- Only the secondary will be upgraded 8.4 on CentOS 6.

Can the secondary 8.4 still sync (and get its data updated) *safely* from
the 8.0.16 one, using the same protocol C?

(note: 8.0.16 will always be primary until it crashes or/and is later
upgraded as well to 8.4)

Thank you.

Regards

   Yves