[DRBD-user] "adjust_master_score" attribute is ignored for pacemaker drbd resource (Lars Ellenberg)

Joel Burleson-Davis joel at securelink.com
Fri Jan 30 17:13:49 CET 2015

I was under the impression that pacemaker checks attributes against
the resource agent, and only applies them if they are valid (So it
seems like it's not a typo).
running:
pcs resource update drbd adJust_Master_score="0 10 1000 10000"

Outputs the error:
Error: resource option(s): 'adJust_Master_score', are not recognized
for resource type: 'ocf:linbit:drbd' (use --force to override)

but running:
pcs resource update drbd adjust_master_score="0 10 1000 10000"

results in no errors.

The CIB differences are below as well

The CIB with the RA modified but not the resource in pacemaker which
exhibits the expected behaviour:

grep -B 3 -A 3 adjust_master /var/lib/pacemaker/cib/cib.xml

Nothing shows up in the cib.

With the resource agent unmodified, but the resource in pacemaker has
the adjust_master_score attribute. This does no not exhibit the
expected behaviour:

grep -B 3 -A 3 adjust_master /var/lib/pacemaker/cib/cib.xml

    <primitive class="ocf" id="drbd" provider="linbit" type="drbd">
          <instance_attributes id="drbd-instance_attributes">
            <nvpair id="drbd-instance_attributes-drbd_resource"
name="drbd_resource" value="drbd"/>
            <nvpair id="drbd-instance_attributes-adjust_master_score"
name="adjust_master_score" value="0 10 1000 10000"/>
          </instance_attributes>

So the CIB seems to update fine, but the behaviour is different
between the two. The goal is to not attempt to promote a drbd node who
is in a Consistent/Unknown state, which as I understand it a major
reason the adjust_master_score attribute was created.

Environment for the RA (with the Resource Agent unmodified, but the
resource attribute adjust_master_score set)

/bin/env | grep adjust_master_score
OCF_RESKEY_adjust_master_score=0 10 1000 10000

Environment with the resource agent modified and no
adjust_master_score attribute on the resource (This produces the
expected behaviour):
/bin/env | grep adjust_master_score

(empty)

So it turns out if I change the variable adjust_master_score_default
in the resource agent at /usr/lib/ocf/linbit/drbd, the setting does
not show up in the environmental variables or the cib but works
appropriately. However, with the unmodified resource agent, and the
adjust_master_score attribute set on the resource, the attribute shows
up in the environmental variables and in the cib, however, it doesn't
produce the expected behaviour. r