[DRBD-user] About promoting secondary node

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Dec 24 16:51:03 CET 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 11:07:45AM +0800, 刘丹 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to confirm something about promoting secondary node and hope you help me.
> When primary node is suddenly down and at the same time disk status of seconday node is not 'UpToDate', will the secondary node fail to be promoted?
> [ is not 'UpToDate'] methioned above means that status in one of these status['Diskless','Attaching','Failed','Negotiating','Inconsistent','OutOfDate','DUnknown','Consistent']

DRBD will allow promotion, if it is UpToDate,
or has access to UpToDate data on some peer,
or is Consistent, and can ensure via call to the fence-peer handler that
it actually is UpToDate.
Or if you --force it to consider whatever data it has access to as UpToDate.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: http://www.LINBIT.com | Your Way to High Availability