[DRBD-user] writer order on secondary site

Mia Lueng xiaozunvlg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:11:51 CET 2015

Hi:
I'm just wondering how secondary handle the write ordering when a same
block is written twice on primary.

Application submits these updates: X, Y, Z.
They may or may not be to the same block.
If they are to the same block, then the application, file system
or other layer already makes sure (or at least is supposed to do that),
that the first update will finish before the second is submitted.

These updates are replicated to the peer.

When X,Y are to the same block, how secondary site make sure that the
first update will finish before the second is summited?

Thanks.