[DRBD-user] What does "drbdadm sh-b-pri all" (as in drbd.service) do?

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Tue Oct 28 18:58:47 CET 2014

While trying to investigate the issue of my recent mail to this list
I found a command in the drbd.service configuration file for systemd
that I don't find explained anywhere in the DRBD documentation:

> # Switch resources to primary if applicable
> # Better: disable this service unit, and use a cluster manger (pacemaker)
> ExecStart=/sbin/drbdadm sh-b-pri all

The two comment lines give only a small hint - what does
"applicable" in "Switch resources to primary if applicable" mean -
would this command switch the resource to "primary" only if
such was asked for in /etc/drbd.conf? Or regardless of the
primary/secondary settings for hosts there?

The man page of "drbdadm" does not mention a subcommand "sh-b-pri".

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg