[DRBD-user] drbd EXT3 filesystem issues

Oren theoren28 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 16:17:39 CET 2014

Hi,
We are experiencing allot of filesystem issues, for example:
 kernel: EXT3-fs error (device drbd0): ext3_free_blocks_sb: bit already cleared for block 5776787
These occur randomly after several consequative failovers between the cluster nodes.
We are using drbd with ext3 filesystem with a write-through controller.
Are there any preferences what elevator we should use?
According to http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-latency-tuning.html
 both cfq/deadline are fine with preference to deadline.
But both re-order writes, right? possibly breaking file system/journal on standby.

Please advise,

Setup
 drbd with ext3 filesystem
 write-through controller