[DRBD-user] Disk lost after resizing

Noe Nieto nnieto at noenieto.com
Fri Nov 7 22:45:58 CET 2014

We ran out of disk and we added some more space to our DRDB setup.

Unfortunately, we unmounted the drive by hand and after restarting our disk
went missing.

drbd-overview reports this right now:

1:r1  Connected Secondary/Secondary Diskless/Inconsistent  C
r----

Our drbd.conf is there: http://pastie.org/9703654
Additionally, theres another file in /etc/drbd.d/global_common.conf with
the following content:
http://pastie.org/9703661  I'm not sure whether it gets processed or not.

When I try to bring the disk up this is what hapens:

drbdadm up r1
Failure 111 Low.dev smaller than requested

If I want to mount the drive this is what happens:

mount /dev/drbd1 /mydisk -t ext4
mount: block device /dev/drbd1 is write-protected, mounting read-only.
mount: Wrong medium type.

I also tried drbdadm resize r1 and it complains that it needs a primary
disk.

What are we missing?

--
---