[DRBD-user] Minor number count for DRBD 8.4

Matthias Hensler lists-drbd at wspse.de
Thu May 22 12:49:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:24:58PM +0200, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 01:17:33PM +0200, Bram Klein Gunnewiek wrote:
> > We are upgrading our internal tools to support DRBD 8.4. When using
> > 8.3 we had a specific DRBD configuration in /etc/modprobe.d that set
> > the minor_count to 128 e.g.:
> > root at testnode1:~# cat /etc/modprobe.d/drbd.conf
> > options drbd usermode_helper=/root/true minor_count=128
>
> See also:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/26150#26150
>
> Recommendation: leave it at its default.

Thanks for the clarification. However, for me one point is still
unanswered: how to use more than 255 DRBDs (which should be possible
according to the documentation).

I posted some details in this threads:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/26000#26000

Would be nice if you could clarify that too, thanks.

Regards,
Matthias