[DRBD-user] Extracting Partition from DRBD Logical Volume

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:59:43 CET 2014

I'm using DRBD 8 and LVM for a number of KVM guests. Each guest is its
own LVM, and I have DRBD 8 set up to have its metadata in the
partition.

I would like the ability to grab an LVM image of a guest partition for
backup, but want to do so without the metadata (in case I need to
restore the guest on a stand-alone server without DRBD). Is there a
way via dd or some other tool to extract just the virtual drive and
not DRBD's metadata?

--
Aaron Clausen
mightymartianca at gmail.com