[DRBD-user] Linbit drbd Failed status not configured problem

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Mar 18 01:47:47 CET 2014

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:18:30 +0530 Siva Kumar <shiv609 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to add replication support for my software.
> I installed drbd, pacemaker and corosoft. OS used: Ubuntu 12.04.4
> server edition.
> DRBD: 8.4.4 installed from source.
> Pacemaker, corosoft installed using apt-get
<snip>
> *Failed actions:*
> *    drbd_pg_monitor_0 (node=umonitor1, call=2, rc=6,
> status=complete): not configured*
> *    drbd_pg:0_stop_0 (node=umonitor1, call=8, rc=-2, status=Timed
> Out): unknown exec error*
> *    drbd_pg_monitor_0 (node=umonitor2, call=2, rc=6,
> status=complete): not configured*
> *    drbd_pg:1_stop_0 (node=umonitor2, call=19, rc=-2, status=Timed
> Out): unknown exec error*

You did create the drbd-volumes, partitions and meta-data for drbd,
right? config-files in /etc/drbd.d pointing to partitions, then "drbdadm
create <res>" followed by "drbdadm up <res>" on both nodes then an
initial "drbdadm -- --overwrite-peer primary <res>" on one node to get
the initial sync (or look into the documentation on how to skip the
initial sync).

- Arnold