[DRBD-user] One-line doubt when clusterizing DRBD resources...

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jul 4 14:18:48 CEST 2014

Note that in most parts of the world,
"doubt" is NOT the same as "question"

	;-)

> Do they need to be halted on both nodes with "drbdadm down res_name"
> before stopping drbd service and clusterizing them all?

Not necessarily.

Depends on what you want, what you expect, and what you do.

If you have existing DRBD resource,
which are in active use,
but do not use a cluster manager yet,
you now want to add a cluster manager (pacemaker),
and you expect it to take over control, without interfering,
then you should experiment with this in a test environment first.

What you can do is start to configure pacemaker in "maintenance-mode",
and once you are positive that it is set up the way you want it,
take it out of maintenance-mode.

At which point it will "reprobe" the state of the world (ok, this
cluster), and if it finds all resources already active and in line with
the configured policies, it will not take any action.

--
: Lars Ellenberg