[DRBD-user] issue with create-md

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at hetz.biz
Mon Jan 27 17:51:47 CET 2014

Hi,

I know that this has been asked dozens of times. I did check before I sent
this email and I don't know what am I missing...

Here is the part in the res file which I'm configuring the second machine
to be a secondary:

on itssql2 {
device /dev/drbd0;
disk /dev/sda4;
address 10.X.X.54:7788;
meta-disk internal;
}
}

(Full text of the config file is in here: http://pastebin.com/xveCG8eb )

output of uname -n:

# uname -n
itssql2

And yet, when I'm trying to create the md, it says:

[root at itssql2 ~]# drbdadm create-md clusterdb_res
'clusterdb_res' not defined in your config (for this host).

Am I missing something here? this is DRBD 8.4.4 on CentOS 6.5

Thanks