[DRBD-user] Can DRBD work in LXC Container?

Jeremiah Snapp jeremiah.snapp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 10:44:44 CET 2014

Thanks for responding Lionel.

How do I find the major and minor DRBD device numbers? What are the low
level devices and how do I allow access to them? Are you just referring to
the block devices?

My LXC config doesn't have any device entries so I thought all access
should be allowed. Maybe my assumption is incorrect though.

I am trying to setup two backend chef servers in LXC for testing and
development. By design, for high availability, they expect their data
volumes to be synced with DRBD.

Can someone explain what the netlink is?

Thanks for any help.

Jeremiah