[DRBD-user] High IOwait with rsync on DRBD-OCFS2-NFS node

Prater, James K. jprater at draper.com
Sun Jan 5 16:03:02 CET 2014

Most likely will require you to rebuild the volumes with lvm (clustered version) in the middle (rawdev>lvm>drbd>ocfs) then take a lvm snapshot, back that up.  The snapshot should be static and not updated, point in time.  However keep in mind,  it you read excessively from the shared device, you will slow everything down.    A better approach is to have each client backup their own little world, there can schedule such a way not to saturate the I/O capability of the storage system.

Just a suggestion

James