[DRBD-user] Number of concurrent resources

Simon Ironside sironside at caffetine.org
Mon Feb 24 00:52:02 CET 2014

On 23/02/14 17:30, Ben RUBSON wrote:
>> The question is, up to how many concurrent DRBD resources can be running ?

Hi,

A lot. From man drbd.conf (my version is 8.3.15):

minor-count count
     may be a number from 1 to 255.

     Use minor-count if you want to define massively more resources
     later without reloading the DRBD kernel module. Per default the
     module loads with 11 more resources than you have currently in your
     config but at least 32.

Personally, I've not gone much past about 16 resources on any one
cluster. Not because of problems encountered going higher, just because
I didn't need any more.

Cheers,
Simon