[DRBD-user] drbd not working with high mtu?

Harka Gyozo SA carlos at gamma.ttk.pte.hu
Sat Feb 1 07:31:38 CET 2014

Hi!

Anyone knows about an issue with mtu?
I tried to increase it to max ( there are two nics with a crossover cable, so
no switch, router etc.. ). I found that max mtu supported by my card's driver
is 7200.
ssh, ping (also with big packages), nfs works.

drbd keeps saying:] block drbd1: [drbd1_worker/16675] sock_sendmsg time
expired, ko = ...

If I decrease the mtu to 6000, error message stops, and I can see the syncing
in the /proc/drbd (While the mtu is high it's stalled).

If I increase the mtu to 6200, kernel message returns, communication stalled.

This is a bug? Or maybe I should increase buffer sizes in the config?
[ version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91) ]

HARKA Győző