[DRBD-user] drbd-utils 8.9.1-3 drbd-udev rpm rules directory (redhat)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 11 12:47:56 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 09:28:12AM +0200, Roland Friedwagner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> at least since commit 7f6ba860ea2df31c6a4d6155405070ac9abfafbc
> "build: fix udevdir detection if there is no pkg-config udevdir"
> the build of drbd-udev package incorporates the rules file in
> location /lib/udev. But the right location is|was /etc/udev/rules.d.

I was told that packages should install into /lib/udev,
and /etc/udev (where we lived before) was for "admin" rules.
So we changed that.

And yes, there apparently are a few build requirements missing now,
e.g. on "udev-devel" or whatever it is called on the various
distributions (the thing that provides:

> At least on redhat the location derived by pkg-config is defined
> in libudev-devel package by /usr/share/pkgconfig/udev.pc and is

That ^^ file.

> /lib/udev. But there are only udev itself specific rules located.
>
> As a workaround without patching drbd-utils source I created at udev.pc
> with udevdir=/etc/udev/rules.d and start the build process with
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH set to my udev.pc location.
>
> Does anyone have a better fix for this issue?

According to what I was told, it needs no fixing.

	Lars

--
: Lars Ellenberg