[DRBD-user] Multi-threaded on-line verification

Ben RUBSON ben.rubson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:11:09 CEST 2014

Hello,

Let's assume that we have a resource which contains several volumes.
When an on-line verification is launched, all volumes are verified together, but it seems that the job is made by only one thread.
The bottleneck in the on-line verification are not the disks, but the CPU, as it must deal with many (for example) crc32c operations.

So my question is, could we think about an implementation which would start one verification thread for each volume ?
It would dramatically speed-up on-line verification (for my own case, with 4 volumes in 1 resource, it would decrease verification time from 56 hours to 14 hours).

Thank you very much !

Best regards,

Ben