[DRBD-user] bonding more than two NICs

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Fri Apr 18 20:59:10 CEST 2014

Hi all,

In the past I read somewhere that by bonding more than two NICs there is a severe penalty on speed as TCP re-ordering needs to happen.

I'm currently building a two-node DRBD cluster that uses Infiniband for DRBD. The cluster offers SCST targets. I would like to offer the best speed possible to the iSCSI clients (which are on gigabit NICs).
Has anyone tried 3 or 4 card bonding? What performance do you get out of this?

Thanks!,

BC