[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.4.4, kernel 3.10 major problem under high parallel I/O load

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Fri Nov 22 06:07:08 CET 2013

[snip]

Well, after more than 2 weeks of silence with no requests for further
details or maybe even access to that cluster I'm putting it into
production with 3.4 and 8.4.4.
Where it (and the other ones) will stay for the next 2 years at least.

Too bad really, as I could have used 3.10 and newer kernels very much on
another cluster that hosts VMs, several important (to me) KVM improvements
there.

I guess all I can hope for is that other people thinking of deploying
8.4.4 with anything newer that 3.4 will read this and avoid shooting
themselves in the foot with a siege howitzer.

Christian
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/