[DRBD-user] does drbd act like a loop device?

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Wed Mar 27 11:40:57 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm would like to use a volume cached with flashcache as a drbd backing device with drbd 8.3. In order for flashcache to work there should not be a loop device in the storage path.

Like:

/dev/sdb1          regular disk raid6 partition
/dev/sdc1           SSD based raid 1 partition

The I use flashcache_create -p back cachedev /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdb1 to create the cached disk

Drbd will use /dev/mapper/cachedev

Does drbd act like a loop device? Has anybody used drbd in this way? (This is a different setup as Florian Haas used with drbd 8.4)

Best regards,

Maurits van de Lande