[DRBD-user] Migrating data to 4-node setup from node in secondary status

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Mar 19 10:18:36 CET 2013

Hi,

On 03/17/2013 04:34 AM, Aaron Johnson wrote:

> Due to a unique set of requirements we need to add 2 nodes that are
> relatively onsite.
> I'm looking for recommendations to migrate from this 2-node setup to a
> 4-node configuration without having to pull all 1.5TB over the WAN link

I don't see how you'd need to transfer your whole dataset, seeing as you
have everything onsite on node B. You can use drbd or plain copies to
get that onto your new hosts.

What I don't understand is how your 4 node setup is even supposed to
look like.
You could lift the secondary on node B into a stacked setup and have the
lower drbd replicate to a second onsite node. It may even be possible to
do that again *with* this third node to add the third, but this will be
one hell of a messy setup. So what did you have in mind?