[DRBD-user] 3 node stacked setup and dual primary issues

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Mar 15 16:22:14 CET 2013

Well, yes.

This (somewhat hacky) construct will indeed allow you to do dual-primary
and disaster recovery. However, it is *not* possible to have changes on
the DR side make their way back into the dual-master replication.

This direction would only be valid if you had the classic setup with the
stacked resource replicating to DR. But then, you cannot do dual-primary.

Is it necessary for you to move production to DR and back during normal
operation?

Cheers,
Felix