[DRBD-user] Several cases of hangups found. I have some stack traces to send.

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Mar 5 15:11:37 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:16:55AM +0100, Felix Frank wrote:
> On 02/27/2013 01:45 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > Yep.
> > Nothing obvious, sorry.
> >
> > 	Lars
>
> Well, uh...speaking for myself (but believing that everybody's thinking
> it), I had kind of expected a bit more.

Sorry to disappoint you :-/

There is not much in those stack traces but the fact that
at that point in time apparently drbd_set_role is waiting for something.

It is not even clear what it is waiting for
(there are several places where it waits for something).

I did look at those traces,
and it is not obvious what is going on.
According to those stack traces, it may even be "intended behaviour".

Nothing unusual in the traces, which means they are not good enough to
even hint at what may be wrong, if anything.

The "unusual" comes in only with the additional info that, reportedly,
this state does not resolve itself (or maybe only not "in time"?),
whatever drbd_set_role waits for seems to not happen (quickly enough).

And of course we could (possibly even would) spend days and weeks to
reproduce, understand, and fix this.
Only there are so many hours a day, many things (or people,
aka customers) prioritize our TODO lists in different ways,
and: it "works for me".

What am I supposed to do other than to take five to
look at the report, see if I can find anything obvious,
and let you know if so (or not)?

--
: Lars Ellenberg