[DRBD-user] on-line verification question (drbd8.3)

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Tue Mar 5 10:44:36 CET 2013

Hello,

I have a two node Primary Secondary drbd cluster. On the Secondary node a problem was found during the rebuild of a raid5 array, not all data is consistent.

In the manual I read the following: http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/s-use-online-verify.html

"When you do so, DRBD starts an online verification run for resource, and if it detects any blocks not in sync, will mark those blocks as such and write a message to the kernel log"

So if I run drbdadm verify all on the primary node what happens when the inconsistent data is encounterd on the secondary node?
Which data will be marked out of sync?

Or should I outdate the secondary node and rebuild all data?

Best regards,

Maurits van de Lande