[DRBD-user] drbdadm verify resource with cron

Simon Ironside sironside at caffetine.org
Fri Jun 21 02:41:18 CEST 2013

On 20/06/13 23:56, Roberto Fastec wrote:

> I'm wondering what the output could be if some re-sync is needed, this
> is meant to use it with cron.

Have a look at /proc/drbd.

The bit you're interested in is the oos: part for the resource you're
verifying. If the verify discovered out of sync blocks this number will
be greater than zero. If it's still zero by the time the verify
completes, everything's in sync.

For the purposes of some sort of regular cron based check you could
start with something simple like this:

grep 'oos:' /proc/drbd | grep -v 'oos:0'

Any output from that would suggest you have some out of sync blocks to
investigate.

Cheers,
Simon.