[DRBD-user] Replication problems constants with DRBD 8.3.10

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Jun 17 16:44:10 CEST 2013

Realtek NICs are garbage... For an entertaining read, look at the header
of the kernel drivers. The author goes into detail on why they are such
crap. In my own testing, they do not provide their advertised speeds and
their jumbo frame support is laughable. It's not a question of newer
drivers; The hardware is terrible.

I stick with Intel NICs. These perform way, way better and aren't that
expensive.

digimer

On 06/17/2013 10:33 AM, cesar wrote:
> Hi to all people
>
> Excuse me if I ask a question from rookie
>
> But tell me that: "the in-kernel realtek drivers of the 2.6.32 kernel were
> known to cause troubles. I still have to replace them for optimum stability.
> try to install the current version of the driver from realtek ot switch to
> Intel-NICs"
>
> So, I don't know how do it, and in this link
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/firmware-realtek say for download the
> drivers for Realtek and Debian, but neither know if these drivers are more
> modern that the pve kernel.
>
> I have a Kernel of RHEL 6 modified by the authors ans SO Debian squeeze
>
> And to make matters worse, in this country (Paraguay) is not easy to buy
> another brand of NICs.
>
> The model of NIC is "RTL8168E" and lshw shows
> "firmware=rtl_nic/rtl8168e-2.fw"
> and the link of debian (shown above) shows among other models:
> * Realtek RTL8111D-1/RTL8168D-1 firmware (rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw)
> * Realtek RTL8111D-2/RTL8168D-2 firmware (rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw)
> * Realtek RTL8168E-1 firmware (rtl_nic/rtl8168e-1.fw)
> * Realtek RTL8168E-2 firmware (rtl_nic/rtl8168e-2.fw)
> * Realtek RTL8168E-3 firmware (rtl_nic/rtl8168e-3.fw)
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem.
>
> Best regards
> Cesar
>

> --