[DRBD-user] drbd+mysql+innodb

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Thu Jun 13 18:09:08 CEST 2013

[Robinson, Eric]

I don't mean to be contrary, but our experience with drbd+MyISAM has been the opposite. We have more than three millennia of run-years on it. Failovers work fine and we don't see issues with table corruption (except once a few years ago, and a quick mysqlcheck fixed it). The setup has been extremely reliable and maintainable for us. However, mysql's built-in replication was the farthest thing from reliable (at least for us). The databases were always getting out of sync and having to be re-synced. Oh well, we'll keep researching it. I do appreciate the input.

--Eric

Disclaimer - June 13, 2013
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Felix Frank,'Paul Walsh',drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.