[DRBD-user] drbd+mysql+innodb

Louis mailtolouis2020-forum at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 10:33:21 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

I'm curious to find out from you which you use DRBD at different sites, do you mean your drbd notes are in different datacenter/location? Does it slow down the whole operation?

Regards
Louis

>________________________________

    Heartbeat+Pacemaker for failover between nodes at different sites.
    This supports our Moodle VLE which is an important part of our
    course provision.  As yet we have had no problems. We also use mysqldump to back up databases.

>To quote from Wikipedia:
>
>" InnoDB recovers from a crash or other unexpected shutdown by replaying its logs"
>
>These logs, by nature of the fact they're on a DRBD device, will
      be identical on both nodes, so if, say, node-A fails, node-B can
      assume Primary role for the DRBD device and mysql can start up,
      replaying its logs to may sure the data is up-to-date.

>I think whoever told you mysql would not start properly was
      possibly referring to what would happen if you simply copied all
      the files (with, for instance, rsync) whilst the database was
      active.

>--
Paul Walsh  Head of Unix/Linux Systems Services,
Corporate ICT,
Birmingham City University,
City North Campus, Perry Barr,
BIRMINGHAM B42 2SU, UK