[DRBD-user] drbd+mysql+innodb

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Thu Jun 13 06:29:56 CEST 2013

I really appreciate everyone's input but everyone misunderstood the question I was really asking. It's my fault for mentioning rsync. I fully understand the difference between how rsync works and how drbd works. We use them both all the time. But the real question is more high level. We have been told that even if you stop the mysql service, you still cannot backup an innodb database by simply copying the files from one server to another. We have been told that the mysql service will not start properly on the new server even if you make a 100% exact copy of all the files from the old server. If that is true, I don't understand how using drbd can work with innodb tables, since it basically just makes a copy of the files to another server. Am I asking the question right?

--
Eric Robinson