[DRBD-user] protocol error ?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jun 11 17:33:46 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:22:09AM +0200, andreas graeper wrote:
> hi,
> i build drbd8.4.3. from source on centos64.
>
> # /var/log/messages on n1
> conn( Unconnected -> WFConnection )
> Handshake successful: Agreed network protocol version 101
> expected AuthChallenge packet, received: ReportProtocol (0x000b)
> Authentication of peer failed, trying again.
> conn( WFConnection -> NetworkFailure )
> Connection closed
> conn( NetworkFailure -> Unconnected )

One side configured for authentication, the other not.

The one that is configured for authentication
expects an AuthChallenge packet, but the peer skipped authentication
and proceeded directly to exchange ReportProtocol (net config parameters).

The one configured for authentication rejects this, obviously.
Since this situation won't change without reconfiguration,
there is no point in retrying, thus -> StandAlone.

--
: Lars Ellenberg