[DRBD-user] "kernel: bio too big device drbd0"

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Mon Jun 10 15:23:09 CEST 2013

On 06/10/2013 02:17 PM, Sebastian Riemer wrote:
>> (BTW: The 3ware/LSI raid controllers perform incredibly bad when used with
>> fast SSDs due to this ridiculously low max_hw_sectors_kb - it seems they
>> try to promote their overpriced "SSD support" add-on-dongle that way. I can
>> only say that I'll never buy a 3ware/LSI controller again, because of that.)
>
> Btw: You can change that on LSI MegaRAID controllers. My dear friends
> from Thomas-Krenn.AG have written it into their wiki:
>
> http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Max-hw-sectors-kb_bei_LSI_Controllern_anpassen

Thanks for the link, but...

> The driver megaraid_sas has a module parameter "max_sectors".

... the driver "3w-sas" that drives the 3ware/LSI 9750 controller does not
have such an option, and if I interpret the comments in that driver correctly,
this is due to a hardware (buffer) limitation.

LSI MegaRAID controllers don't seem to support JBOD (anymore),
which would be reason enough for me to not buy them.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg