[DRBD-user] DRBD 9pre4 + OCFS2

Arthur Fernandes Silva arthurafs at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jun 5 16:14:26 CEST 2013

Dear DRBD users,

        I'm testing DRBD 9 always using the latest source code in order
test the environment and put it in production as soon as the code is
stable enough.
        My initial problem is: my scenario demands at least 3 nodes and
2 primaries nodes, using a Distributed File system (I have choose
ocfs2). I have already configured the nodes and the sincronization and
the file system locking is working fine, but I couldn't find on DRBD 9
and 8.4 manuals the procedure to safely shutdown a primary node (without
produce a split-brain behavior) and to shutdown all nodes without furter
problems like nodes with standalone connections, outdate or inconsistent
disk states.
         For example: when I want to shutdown all nodes I do the
following steps:
                                   1. umount file system in all nodes
(umount /<mount-point>
                                   2. shutdown the ocfs cluster
(/etc/init.d/o2cb unload)
                                   3. shutdown the drbd cluster (drbadm
down <resource>)
         But when I restart I get this situation (1 node
primary,uptodate and 2 nodes inconsistent,standalone) and the procedure
"--discard-my-data" as stated on manuals doesn't work as supposed to and
the only way to get all nodes working is recreating the metadata for
secondary nodes.
         So bottom line: How to shutdown 1,2 or all nodes in a
drbd9/primary-primary/3-nodes scenario without any problems?

Thanks in advance,

Arthur Fernandes.