[DRBD-user] How to unlock on /var/lock/drbd-147-xxx

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 3 11:14:46 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 05:05:49AM +0900, Yahagi(TGI) wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is Yahagi.
>

> Now, I use DRBD ver 8.3.15.
>
> When the network to use DRBD Mirroring was under high stress,
> the drbdadm command “drbdadm disconnect <resource name>” was
> stalled.
> Then, drbdadm sh-status command is can not run by lock
> (/var/lock/drbd-147-12).
>
> I try to kill the process that executed the drbdadm command.
> Ant it is killed. But, I can not unlock.
>
> Please teach me the way to unlock?

There is none (but killing the process that holds the lock).

A graceful (not --forced) drbd disconnect usually waits until all
pending requests are done.
If your network is seriously congested, that may take a while.
Especially if you use DRBD protocol A.

So if you want to disconnect *right now*, use "--force".

Note that if a non-forced disconnect is pending,
an additional --forced one has to wait as well ...

If all else fails, you could also cut the tcp connection,
using iptables or other tools...

> - Log ----------------------------
> root# drbdadm sh-status
> _drbd_version=8.3.15
> _drbd_api=88
> _config_file=/etc/drbd.conf
>
> _stacked_on=
> _stacked_on_device=
> _stacked_on_minor=
> lock on /var/lock/drbd-147-12 currently held by pid:6719
> Command 'drbdsetup 12 sh-status' terminated with exit code 20
> command sh-status exited with code 20
> root# ps augxw | grep 6719
> root      6719  0.0  0.0   4112   652 ?        S    Jun28   0:01 drbdsetup
> 12 disconnect

: Lars Ellenberg