[DRBD-user] DRBD is passing I/O-error to upper layer, but should not

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Jan 28 15:26:49 CET 2013

Hi,

On 01/26/2013 06:19 PM, Matthias Hensler wrote:
> Jan 26 15:32:21 lisa kernel: block drbd12: IO ERROR: neither local nor remote data, sector 0+0
> Jan 26 15:32:21 lisa kernel: block drbd9: IO ERROR: neither local nor remote data, sector 0+0

I'm not at all sure about this, but this does seem to indicate that the
peer either has disk problems of its own (not likely) or otherwise
cannot access this specific (first?) sector.

It seems natural for the guest OS to abort the journal under such
circumstance. The root cause is not clear to me though.

Cheers,
Felix